The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is proud to announce the Global Down Syndrome Foundation Research & Medical Care Roundtable at the Children’s Hospital Colorado on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
The Global Roundtable, held at one of the nation’s top ten children’s hospitals and home to the Sie Center for Down Syndrome, is co-organized with the National Down Syndrome Congress and supported by the Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group. The Global Roundtable will feature nationally renowned scientists and medical professionals working to better the lives of people with Down syndrome. Topics will include sleep apnea, immune deficiency, leukemia, prenatal testing, cognition, and Alzheimer’s disease.
The morning of the Global Roundtable, bus transportation will be provided to and from the convention’s designated hotel, the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center to the Children’s Hospital Colorado, departing from 7:00am. Breakfast, snacks and lunch will be provided during the Global Roundtable.
To make it even more exciting, we are also offering each Global Roundtable attendee a ticket to a private performance by Colbie Caillat at 7:30pm at the Paramount Theatre – just two blocks from the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center.
- In order to participate in the Global Roundtable and to attend the invitation-only Colbie Caillat concert you must first register for the National Down Syndrome Congress Annual Convention in Denver from July 19-21st, and then register for the roundtable and concert. To be clear, there is no additional cost for the roundtable and concert beyond the convention registration fee.
Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center
650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202
Sie Center for Down Syndrome at Children’s Hospital Colorado
13123 E 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045
Rooms: Mt. Princeton, Mt. Yale, and Oxford
8:00 am — 5:00 pmParamount Theatre
1621 Glenarm Place, Denver, CO 80202
7:30 pm — 9:30 pm
Detailed Schedule of Events
- 7:00 — 8:00 am Buses from Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center to Children’s Hospital Colorado
- 8:00 — 9:00 am Check-in, Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am Welcome Remarks
- 9:15 am Medical Care Panel
- 10:50 am BREAK – Refreshments
- 11:05 am Prenatal Testing Update
- 12:10 pm Lunch Presentations – Boxed Lunches and Refreshments
- 1:00 pm Basic Research Panel
- 2:35 pm BREAK – Refreshments
- 2:50 pm Down Syndrome-Alzheimer’s Disease Panel
- 4:25 pm BREAK – Tickets for Colbie Caillat Will Be Provided
- 4:40 pm Tour of the Sie Center for Down Syndrome at Children’s Hospital CO & Buses back to Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center