Josh and Grace Curley created a slide show about love between siblings and respect for all people that has gone viral. Over a million people have viewed, liked, & shared the slide show on Facebook and imgur. This is a great example of the power of advocacy through something as simple as 18 pictures with words printed on notecards. Thank you Josh and Grace!
Text from the notecards on the slides:
- My names Josh and I'm 18 years old!
- This is my best friend and big sister Grace.
- Some say I have a disability...
- Grace says I have a ability that may be jealous of...
- the ability to love unconditionally, be non judgemental,
- and I'm not afraid to be me :-)
- I have Down syndrome
- I have a extra chromosome.
- Grace says "Real friends down count chromosomes"
- People sometimes use really mean words but ALOT of people love me
- These mean words Hurt but don't describe me at all
- I am... Silly
- And I have feelings just like you and your friends
- I'll give you a chance, if you give me one too.