The Brazilian Federation of DS put together a clip in honor of World Down Syndrome Day, 3/21. The song, Diversity, was written by renowned Brazilian singer/songwriter, Lenine, and is very beautiful and powerful. There are subtitles in English and Spanish if you click on the bottom right corner of the screen. This year... the theme is Inclusion going on: Multiply this idea! Share it around!
March 21, 2011 marks the 6th anniversary of World Down Syndrome Day and each year the voice of people with Down syndrome, and those who live and work with them, grows louder. But there is still so much more we can do.
There are lots of ways to participate on and around 3-21. Here are some proactive initiatives:
- Watch the five My Great Story PSAs starring the NDSS celebrity Ambassadors.
- Watch Milestones, the new NDSS video, which stars four families as they reflect on the milestones that their children have achieved and those they hope they will accomplish.
- Sign up to receive NDSS policy action alerts and learn how to get in touch with your elected officials to advocate for people with Down syndrome.
- Visit the World Down Syndrome Day site to learn what people in your area and around the globe are doing to celebrate 3-21.
- Donate $3.21 or the amount of your choice to your advocacy group.
Spread the word! The more we share, blog, tweet, post and talk about World Down Syndrome Day the more we raise awareness for people with Down syndrome and all of their achievements and abilities!