This is a reminder that the December NDSS webinar will be “ABLE Act 101 – Everything You Need to Know About the ABLE Act” on December 7th at 1pm Eastern.
The Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act of 2011 (S. 1872/H.R. 3423) was just introduced in the 112th Congress in both the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. When passed as a law, the ABLE Act will give individuals with disabilities and their families the ability to save for their child's future just like every other American family, and help people with disabilities live full, productive lives in their communities without losing benefits provided through private insurances, the Medicaid program, the supplemental security income program, the beneficiary’s employment, and other sources. The account could fund a variety of essential expenses for individuals, including medical and dental care, education, community based supports, employment training, assistive technology, housing, and transportation. During this webinar, you will learn the nuts and bolts about the ABLE Act and how you can take action to get the ABLE Act passed into law.
- John Ariale, Chief of Staff, Representative Ander Crenshaw (R-Florida)
- Jennifer Debes, Legislative Assistant, Representative Ander Crenshaw (R-Florida)
- Steve Beck, Parent; Board Member, National Down Syndrome Society; Board Member, Down Syndrome Association of Northern Virginia
- Madeleine Will, Director, National Down Syndrome Society
- Sara Weir, Senior Policy Advisory, National Down Syndrome Society
Slides from the presentation will be posted to http://www.ndss.org/. During the webinar there will be time for Q and A. Please feel free to share this webinar and the login information with anyone you feel may be interested in the presentation.
Please register to attend this webinar. Seats are limited: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/608740234
National Down Syndrome Society
666 Broadway, Suite 810
New York, NY 10012